httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Access log worries
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:51:18 GMT
My installation of Apache2 was purely to serve a subversion repository.
It is running behind my DSL router using NAT. I opened port 80 and it
all works fine.

A big thanks to both Apache and Subversion developers who might be
listening.

My worry is that after opening port 80 I am getting some weird access
log entries. It looks to me as though people are trying to bust a buffer
valve and hack my system. There are some very long entries.

Is this the place to ask for help to ...
    - understand what is happening
    - harden my system

...?

I can post some of the log entries for comment or look elsewhere for help

I'm running Apache2 2.0.53-5.1 on SuSE 9.1

Thanks for any leads

Mike