httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Donker <l...@webpagina.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Oh no, now what! [SOLVED]
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:05:20 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 4/15/05, Patrick Donker <list@webpagina.nu> wrote:
>

>>What I dont understand is why I had this running *before* recompiling
>>with the exact same configure commandline. I didnt change anything. If I
>>comment out the lines which suddenly cause a problem, apache comes with
>>the next error, which I didnt have before. Why oh why is this happening
>>all of a sudden. Mommy told me dont fix it if it aint broken. Why didnt
>>I listen :(
>>

>It sounds like the last compile used static modules (no LoadModule
>lines necessary) while this one used dynamic modules (and therefore
>requires LoadModule lines).
>
>Joshua.

Joshua,

That indeed appears to be the case. When your suggestion arrived I was
recompiling with static mods (which takes a while on my P1-300 ;) ), and
it works. Strange because I was sure that I had saved my last used
configure commandline, just to avoid this kind of trouble. Well, guess
not...
Thanks for your thoughts guys.

-Patrick