httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Donker <l...@webpagina.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Oh no, now what!
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:59:59 GMT
Ivan Barrera A. wrote:

> Patrick Donker wrote:
>
>> [panic]
>> Guys! I've recompiled 2.0.49 on debian 3 because I needed proxy support
>> for Tomcat. I have compiled using this configure commmandline:
>>
>> ./configure --enable-auth-dbm --enable-auth-digest --enable-deflate
>> --enable-mime-magic --enable-expires --enable-headers --enable-usertrack
>> --enable-ssl --enable-http --enable-dav --enable-cgi --enable-cgid
>> --enable-dav-fs --enable-speling --enable-rewrite --enable-so
>> --with-mpm=prefork --enable-usertrack --enable-mods-shared=all
>> --with-apxs  --enable-proxy
>>
>> Everything went fine, no errors whatsoever.
>> Now, if I try to start httpd I get httpd.conf errors. To me these look
>> weird because they are basic httpd funtions. I had this apache
>> installation running after having it compiled with the exact
>> commandline, exept for the --enable-proxy part. I have tried to
>> recompile removing my last modification, but it still keeps moaning
>> about things being wrong. Some examples are:
>>
>> Syntax error on line 191 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
>> Invalid command 'ExtendedStatus', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
>> module not included in the server configuration
>

> You must load mod_status
>

>> Syntax error on line 346 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
>> Invalid command 'DirectoryIndex', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
>> module not included in the server configuration
>

> mod_dir i think
>

>> To me this makes no sense because it has worked before!
>> No what! What do I do to make it run again?! Anybody has seen this
>> before?
>> Thanks
>>

> Your install is incomplete, or you didn't uncomment the loadmodules
> for those mods
>

>> -Patrick
>>
>> [/panic]

What I dont understand is why I had this running *before* recompiling
with the exact same configure commandline. I didnt change anything. If I
comment out the lines which suddenly cause a problem, apache comes with
the next error, which I didnt have before. Why oh why is this happening
all of a sudden. Mommy told me dont fix it if it aint broken. Why didnt
I listen :(