httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aman Raheja <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] index.php
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:52:25 GMT
It does not come that way with apache, php being a third party module.
You can do
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
and so on.
Check the docs for more details.

Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com

reg wrote:

>Not that long ago (unfortunately, I cannot remember with which version of Apache) when
I typed in a URL, I only needed to type as far as the directory and if a 'index.php' file
was present in that directory then it would be executed. Now under Apache 2.0.53, unless I
also type in the filename, I get a permission error. I am sure it is just a config setting
somewhere but I guess I am looking for a clue as to where. I have a feeling this may be causing
me grief elsewhere is realy the only reason otherwise I would just type in the complete path.
Thanks.