httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shashank Bhide <shash...@biochem.okstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth loaded?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:46:34 GMT
Hi all,
    I have an old RedHat 7.2 server running apache 1.3.22, will upgrade
it soon. When I type httpd -l this is what I see

Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

I can see in the httpd.conf file, there is an entry for loading module
mod_auth.so and this file exists in /usr/lib/apache.

  I suspect apache was built with rpm whenever this server was first
built (never upgraded).

I was wondering, why httpd -l would not show mod_auth as a module? What
would I have to do, other than upgrade, to get .htaccess working?

Since apache was not built from source, there is no mod_auth.c file on
the system. Would this affect the module?

Thanks,
Shashank