httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laura Vance <van...@winfreeacademy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How can i minimise the hitts of weblogic server for the static sources.
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:38:21 GMT
It sounds like you're talking about a cache issue.  Does your server
have a setting that is telling the browser to not cache anything?  Does
client browsing your site have their browser cache turned off?  Even
with it all turned off, you'll still get log entries, but it will be a
different result (304 - ) instead of (200 <file size>).  The 304 code
tells the browser that the file is in their cache.  The only thing this
does is saves on the file transfer.

You will always get the log entries, because apache is set up to log
everything.  If you could turn your logs off, then when you needed to
see something, nobody would be able to help you.  Accurate detailed logs
are very important... you could even say they are critical.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance