httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Sargent <powder...@snow.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] init.d/httpd file missing and error running apachectl
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:20:03 GMT
Mark Sargent wrote:

> Boyle Owen wrote:

Hi All,

here is the history of the cmd I used for compiling apache,

 838  ./configure --enable-so
  839  make
  840  make install

and here is the result of ./httpd -V

[root@localhost bin]# ./httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.53
Server built:   Mar 19 2005 15:16:36
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:9
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Can't, for the life of me, understand why the root is set to apache as
opposed to apache2, can you..? Is it changable without re-installing.?
Cheers.

Mark Sargent.