httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vanga <Pitchi.Va...@vdh.virginia.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy server set-up problem
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:16:25 GMT
Vanga wrote:

> Jeff White wrote:
>

>> From: "Vanga"
>>
>>> Come to think of it, probably I should take your cue and run the
>>> browser in debug/trace mode and dump all the info. and see what is
>>> happening between browser and web server. I do not know how I can do
>>> this with Internet Explorer.
>>

>> A _must_ read for _all_ OS web server admins
>> (since Microsoft's Windows
>> Shell browser, Internet Explorer,
>> is the most used on the Internet)!
>>
>> A "how to" use Microsoft's free Fiddler debugger (in Internet
>> Explorer) to see Internet and Internet Explorer HTTP actions.
>>
>> <quote>
>>
>> Snip
>>
>> I fired up my trusty HTTP
>> debugger, Microsoft Fiddler.
>> Some developers in the
>> audience might be scratching
>> their heads-- I've got the
>> full source for IE on my
>> computer, so why start by
>> looking at the traffic?
>>
>> Simple-it's usually the
>> clearest way to see what's
>> really going on.  HTTP is
>> beautiful that way- if you
>> can see both the traffic of
>> a working scenario and the
>> traffic from a broken scenario,
>> you can resolve most problems
>> of this nature.
>>
>> </quote>
>>
>> A HTTP Detective Story by Eric Lawrence
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> I just installed Fiddler and looks great. I will post the results
> tomorrow.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vanga

It turns out to be a myriad of redirects and embedded links (pointing to
the backend servers) causing the ProxyPass directives
to fail. I fixed all that and proxy  is working seamlessly. Thanks
Joshua for pointing  out  the redirect problem.
Jeff, Microsoft  Fiddler helped me a lot.

Many Thanks

Vanga