httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Sargent <powder...@snow.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] init.d/httpd file missing and error running apachectl
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:17:19 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 4/13/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>

>>anyone got any thoughts on this..? I do not have another version
>>installed. I never moved any httpd.conf into apache2/conf dir. I still
>>do not understand why it's looking for httpd.conf in apache dir, as
>>opposed to apache2 dir. Where is this done from, httpd.conf or the bin
>>file itself..? Cheers.
>>

>It could be either place.  You can use the -f option to apachectl to
>get it to look at a specific httpd.conf file:
>apachectl -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf -k start
>
>But if you have wrong path references inside httpd.conf, this might
>not help.  Look in particular at the ServerRoot directive and make
>sure it points at the right directory.
>
>Joshua.

Hi All,

cmd not found,

[root@localhost ~]# apachectl -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf -k start
-bash: apachectl: command not found

Although, logically, I don't think it has anything to do with the
httpd.conf file. Looking at it, it hasn't even opened it yet, simply
because it doesn't know where it is, based on it saying it's not in the
apache dir, which doesn't even exist on the machine..lol..corrupt server
perhaps..? Cheers.

P.S. ServerRoot points to the apache2 dir, as it should.

Mark Sargent.