httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Sargent <powder...@snow.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] init.d/httpd file missing and error running apachectl
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:33:31 GMT
Mark Sargent wrote:

> [...]
>>> # one is reported.  Run "apachectl help" for usage info
>>> #
>>> ARGV="$@"
>>> #
>>> # |||||||||||||||||||| START CONFIGURATION SECTION
>>> # --------------------
>>> --------------------
>>> #
>>> # the path to your httpd binary, including options if necessary
>>> HTTPD='/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd'
>>> #
>>> # pick up any necessary environment variables
>>> if test -f /usr/local/apache2/bin/envvars; then
>>>  . /usr/local/apache2/bin/envvars
>>> fi
>>> #
>>> # a command that outputs a formatted text version of the HTML at the
>>> # url given on the command line.  Designed for lynx, however other
>>> # programs may work.
>>> LYNX="lynx -dump"
>>> #
>>> # the URL to your server's mod_status status page.  If you do not
>>> # have one, then status and fullstatus will not work.
>>> STATUSURL="http://localhost:80/server-status"
>>> #
>>> # Set this variable to a command that increases the maximum
>>> # number of file descriptors allowed per child process. This is
>>> # critical for configurations that use many file descriptors,
>>> # such as mass vhosting, or a multithreaded server.
>>> ULIMIT_MAX_FILES="ulimit -S -n `ulimit -H -n`"
>>> # --------------------
>>> --------------------
>>> # ||||||||||||||||||||   END CONFIGURATION SECTION
>>>
>>> # Set the maximum number of file descriptors allowed per child process.
>>> if [ "x$ULIMIT_MAX_FILES" != "x" ] ; then
>>>    $ULIMIT_MAX_FILES
>>> fi
>>>
>>> ERROR=0
>>> if [ "x$ARGV" = "x" ] ; then
>>>    ARGV="-h"
>>> fi
>>>
>>> case $ARGV in
>>> start|stop|restart|graceful)
>>>    $HTTPD -k $ARGV
>>>    ERROR=$?
>>>    ;;
>>> startssl|sslstart|start-SSL)
>>>    $HTTPD -k start -DSSL
>>>    ERROR=$?
>>>    ;;
>>> configtest)
>>>    $HTTPD -t
>>>    ERROR=$?
>>>    ;;
>>> status)
>>>    $LYNX $STATUSURL | awk ' /process$/ { print; exit } { print } '
>>>    ;;
>>> fullstatus)
>>>    $LYNX $STATUSURL
>>>    ;;
>>> *)
>>>    $HTTPD $ARGV
>>>    ERROR=$?
>>> esac
>>>
>>> exit $ERROR
>>>
>>> I don't see any reference to calling httpd.conf from apache as
>>> opposed to apache2. Am I missing something..? Was following this,

>>> apache=2.0.53
>>> OS=Fedora 3 (same as work machine, which had no errors like this)
>>> Mark sargent.

>> Aman Raheja
>> TechQuotes.com
>>

> Cheers, Aman.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

anyone got any thoughts on this..? I do not have another version
installed. I never moved any httpd.conf into apache2/conf dir. I still
do not understand why it's looking for httpd.conf in apache dir, as
opposed to apache2 dir. Where is this done from, httpd.conf or the bin
file itself..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.