httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vanga <Pitchi.Va...@vdh.virginia.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy server set-up problem
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:23:17 GMT
This is a J2EE application. Normally the jsp pages, servlets or EJBs are
secured by declaring security constraints.
display.do is one of them. The auth server is a single sign-on server
(which is also a J2EE app server with an apache
instance fronting the app server). The application server is accessed
through a web
server (apache 2 and this is different from proxy server. This J2EE
container and web server are stringed together through
AJP protocol).   There is a  custom single sign-on apache module
(mod_osso from Oracle)  that is running inside this
(app server) apache instance. This module uses a config file that has
authserver url and I can change this if required. When a user requests
a secure resource like display.do, the control is passed to the
authserver. Once authenticated, the control is passed back to the
appserver. The control passes to authserver during logout too. All this
is happening. The first proxy pass is also happening and
then  proxy server disappears.  I think this is what's happening.

       _______________________________
    (5)                                                           v
User (1)----> Proxy Server (2)-----> App Server (3) -----> Auth Server
       ^
                            (4)

Proxy Server :         Apache 2 web server

App Server   :          Apache 2 web server<----AJP--------> J2EE
container (Oracle OC4J)

Auth Server  :          Apache 2 web server<----AJP--------> J2EE
container (Oracle OC4J)<------------> LDAP