httpd-users mailing list archives

From dan <i...@hostinthebox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory index
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:31:04 GMT
Jay wrote:
> I replaced the IP addresses with those X.X.X, I didn't know if it was
> wise to post my real ones.
> This Apache server is running on a MAC OSX 10.3.
> Again I can browse the site without any problems, it's just when I  do
> something like this to see pictures when I receive the forbidden error.
> http://www.mysite.com/pictures/game/
>
> ## Default Virtual Host Configuration
>
> <VirtualHost X.X.X.X:6969>
>        ServerName test.server.com
>        ServerAdmin webman@server.com
>        DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents/www"
>        DirectoryIndex "index.html" "index.php" "index.htm" "default.htm"
> "default.html"
>        CustomLog "/var/log/httpd/access_log" "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b"
>        ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/error_log"
>        ErrorDocument 404 /error.html
>        <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>                SSLEngine Off
>                SSLLog "/var/log/httpd/ssl_engine_log"
>                SSLCertificateChainFile "/etc/httpd/ssl.crt/ca.crtX"
>                SSLCertificateFile "/etc/httpd/ssl.crt/server.crtX"
>                SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/httpd/ssl.key/server.keyX"
>                SSLCipherSuite
> "ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:!SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL"
>        </IfModule>
>        <IfModule mod_dav.c>
>                DAVLockDB "/var/run/davlocks/.davlock100"
>                DAVMinTimeout 600
>        </IfModule>
>        <Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents/www">
>                Options All +MultiViews -Indexes -ExecCGI
>                <IfModule mod_dav.c>
>                        DAV Off
>                </IfModule>
>                AllowOverride None
>                Order deny,allow
>                Deny from all
>                Allow from X.X.X.
>                Allow from X.X.X.
>                Allow from X.X.X.
>
>        </Directory>
>        <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>                RewriteEngine On
>                RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
>                RewriteRule .* - [F]
>        </IfModule>
>        <IfModule mod_alias.c>
>        </IfModule>
>        LogLevel warn
> </VirtualHost>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Aman Raheja" <araheja@techquotes.com>

Jay -

Take this line:

     Options All +MultiViews -Indexes -ExecCGI

That's a bit odd.  This says "All Options" (as defined at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#options), and then some crap.
  It's up to you as to which ones you want configured, but I'd suggest
something like this, in order to achieve what you're looking for:

Options FollowSymLinks Includes Indexes MultiViews

This excludes all options except for FollowSymLinks, Includes, Indexes,
and MultiViews.  Take a look at that URL that I had posted, and you'll
get a better idea of how the Options directive works.  After making this
change, run an 'apachectp restart', to make sure that these changes take
effect.

Thanks
-dant