httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gene <listm...@Bomgardner.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Strange loopback behavior
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:47:04 GMT
I've noted a strange bit of behavior with apache 2.0.5 (?). It occurred
when I
tried to see if my first virtual domains were working. The setup is:

FreeBSD box ------------|
                                        |----Gateway Router (external
IP=1.1.1.1)

FreeBSD box is running apache with name based virtual domains.

When accessed from outside the LAN all works as expected. However, when
trying to use any LAN machine, and placing the virtual domain name or
1.1.1.1 in the
browser, I get a dialogue box asking for Webmin's user and password.

Can anyone explain this behavior or point me to a place in the docs that
might help?

Thanks

Gene