httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marco Emilio Poleggi <marco.pole...@cern.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] CacheGcInterval and CacheForceCompletion directives in mod_cache Apache 2.0
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:37:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm testing a reverse caching proxy configuration with Apache 2.0.46. I need to
use the directives:

 CacheGcInterval
 CacheForceCompletion

which are marked as "currently not implemented" on the mod_[disk_]cache
documentation page (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_cache.html). Yet it
seems these options are widely used.
Please, can anyone confirm if these directives are really *working* or not?

Also, I would test a two-tier cache, with "small" objects in main (heap) memory
through  mod_mem_cache and the other "big" objects on disk through
mod_disk_cache. All objects are static and coming from a back-end server. Since
main memory caching is a delicate issue (O.S. caching always lying under...),
has anybody had bad experience with heap memory caching?

Cheers,

Marco Emilio

Marco Emilio Poleggi
CERN IT/FIO             e-mail: Marco.Poleggi@cern.ch
CH-1211 Geneva 23        phone: +41 22 767 8847
Switzerland             office: 31.1-014