httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy with filtering using Apache2
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:23:34 GMT
Peter wrote:

> However, I could not succeed in getting a fiter attached behind these
> rules using mod_ext_filter. Is that possible at all?

In theory, yes.  In practice, there are some gotchas, and you're not
the first to report problems.  Insufficient information to say more.

> If not, how could I get the intended functionality to filter the
> website from the proxy before sending to the client.

What is your intended functionality?  Would mod_publisher or any of
its lesser siblings (http://apache.webthing.com/) do the job for you?

> If it's relevant: I am using Windows 2000 and Apache2 (2.0.52).

Could be relevant.  Bear in mind that even if you do get it to work,
it'll be a huge overhead.  An ext_filter is an external program
(like CGI with mod_cgi), and will be slow on anything but unix+prefork.
See the discussion on the mod_cgid page for how apache deals with
this in CGI - but there's no equivalent for ext_filter.

--
Nick Kew