httpd-users mailing list archives

From RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <l...@computerking.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache states that Options ExecCGI is off but it is not
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:21:43 GMT
I keep getting this error in my apache logs

[Wed Apr 06 01:59:50 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] Options ExecCGI
is off in this directory:
/home/clients/classicautographics/classic/www/html/upload.cgi, referer:
http://classicautographics.com/fileupload.html

and this in the browser

  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /upload.cgi on this server.

but i have added the following to httpd.conf

<Directory "/home/clients/classicautographics/classic/www/html">
Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
</Directory>

Note the http://classicautographics.com is virtually hosted on my server
computerking.ca and the web browser seems to think it is going to
http://classicautographics.com/upload.cgi
Will apache take care of this on its own because according to logs it is
tring to trying to access the right directory on the right server.  I
have tried switching the url on the webpage to point specifically to
http://computerking.ca/home/classicautographics/classic/www/html/upload.cgi
but that gives me this in the browser and nothing in the logs.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

In case you have not guessed yet i am trying to upload files from a
webpage using an cgi script called by a form on an html page that looks
like this.

<FORM ACTION="/upload.cgi" METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
 Photo to Upload: <INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="photo">
 Your Email Address: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="email_address">
 <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Submit Form">
 </FORM>