httpd-users mailing list archives

From RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <l...@computerking.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual server not seen exterally
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:08:15 GMT
Noah wrote:

>>>Linux:
>>># netstat -ant | grep LIST
>>>

>>tcp46      0      0  *.9001                 *.*                    LISTEN
>>tcp46      0      0  *.9000                 *.*                    LISTEN
>>

>OK, so *something* is listening on port 9000; for now, we'll assume it's
>Apache. Do you have a NameVirtualHost directive set up?

Not sure i have this in ssl.conf

##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

<VirtualHost *:443>
virtual host contanianer example #1
blah
blah
blah
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:9000>
##
##Computerking.ca DBMA interface
##
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/DBMA/dbmailadministrato
the rest of the virt host container i already gave you.

</VirtualHost>

and then one more virtual host listening on 9001

I do have this "NameVirtualHost *:80" in my http.conf and have added

NameVirtualHost *:9000
NameVirtualHost *:9001
NameVirtualHost *:443

to my ssl.conf file is this correct ?

> What's the IP
>address of your server?

68.146.204.152

yes like this https://dbma.computerking.ca:9000/

> Are there any firewalls blocking access to
>port 9000 from the outside?

Not that i know of have firewall type set to open

>Additionally, I note that 'dbma.computerking.ca'
>is not in DNS:
>
>$ host dbma.computerking.ca
>Host dbma.computerking.ca not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

It is only a cname would that cause servfail