httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Garratt" <garratt.da...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] connector mod_jk installation assistance
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:17:40 GMT
I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2 applied.

I have just installed Tomcat 5.5.7 (jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7.exe) as a full
installation to

the default directory structure :-

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5

I have also install Apache HTTP server 2.0.52
(apache_2.0.53-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi) as a full installation to

the default directory structure :-

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2

I would like to setup a connector mod_jk (mod_jk-1.2.10-apache-2.0.53.so) so
that I can use Servlets and

JSP from Apache. I have downloaded this file but am unsure of what do to
next.

I may want to use Tomcat as a standalone server as well at some point.

I have been unable to find any documentation which is

            1) Simple to follow.

            2) Related to Windows installations.

            3) Refers to the versions I have.

            I'm not familar with either package and have to admit that I'm
more interested in Web site design than learning

            the inner workings of these two packages.

            If someone who has done this before could point me in the right
direction it would be a great help.

            Regards

            Dave Garratt