httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saad, Dan (N-Computer Sciences Corp)" <dan.s...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installation problems on Solaris 9 : can't find library arguments
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:32:59 GMT
/usr/lib is the right path for those libraries but you're either going
to have to use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or add supply the linker option  to LDFLAGS as:

setenv LDFLAGS -L /usr/lib

Hope this helps...

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Paladino [mailto:paladino@iii.com]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 1:21 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Installation problems on Solaris 9 : can't find
library arguments

Hi Users,

I am consistently having the same problem installing Apache 2.0.50 and
2.0.53 on Solaris 9 servers.

My configure line is pretty standard:

./configure --prefix=/dir/apache --enable-so

But when I run the "make" command, I get the following:

ild: (argument error) can't find library arguments :: -lsendfile -lrt
-lresolv -lpthread -ldl -lthread
*** Error code 8
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `htpasswd'
Current working directory
/iiidb/software/tpp/install/httpd-2.0.53/support
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive' Current
working directory /iiidb/software/tpp/install/httpd-2.0.53/support
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

This is a standard Solaris 9 installation so my libraries should not be
installed in an unusual location, but I tried rerunning with the
"LDFLAGS"
variable set as follows:

setenv LDFLAGS /usr/lib

Then I can't even get past the configure:

checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
configure failed for srclib/apr

I know the compiler can create executables since I've compiled other
software on the server.

This has happened in exactly the same place and in the same way every
time
I try to run the installation.  I can't get past it.  I assume I have
the
libraries on the system (a find shows files of that name in /usr/lib),
but
I can't figure this out.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,