httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Wynne" <thomas.wy...@premierdata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Need some debugging tips
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:43:02 GMT
Hi folks,

We have an issue that I was hoping I could get some debugging tips to
help resolve.  Our Apache 2.0.54 server randomly restarts throughout the
day (We have had this problem using the previous version of Apache also
(2.0.53)).  It will stop servicing request for about 10 seconds then
start back up again.  I have set logging to debug and everything seems
normal.  The only error that I get is when I get a request for a page
that is not valid, for example:

[Thu Apr 21 13:33:55 2005] [error] [client 67.107.204.99] File does not
exist: D:/Apache2/htdocs/projectname/blahblahblah

The only info messages I get (when logging not set to debug) is:

[Thu Apr 21 12:47:10 2005] [info] (OS 10053)An established connection
was aborted by the software in your host machine.  : core_output_filter:
writing data to the network

[Thu Apr 21 12:58:51 2005] [info] (OS 10054)An existing connection was
forcibly closed by the remote host.  : core_output_filter: writing data
to the network

My understanding is that OS 10054 and OS 10053 are normal messages and
should not affect anything.  I have spent a lot of time looking at the
hardware and network and everything seems fine.  Does anybody have any
suggestions as to what we could look at next to help try to diagnose
this problem?  I can't fix it if I can't figure out what is wrong with
it. :-(  Our OS is Windows Server 2003 running on a beefy HP machine.
Thanks,

Thomas