httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A." <d.tonho...@m-plify.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache aggressively tries to run shell scripts instead of just serving them
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:35:18 GMT
Hello,

Shurely a simple thing:

I have files like

  "the_shell_script.sh.txt"

that I want Apache to just serve 'as is', i.e. dump the contents to
the client as text/plain, so that he can marvel at the source code.

Unfortunately, when I try to access these, I get an access error and
Apache says:

"Options ExecCGI is off in this directory"

Well...I made damned sure it is off. It should be.

How can I make Apache *not* execute the .txt file? I made sure the Unix
execute bit is off. 'file' says that it is a bourne shell script, which
is correct of course, as it starts with the '#!/bin/sh' shebang. Removing
the shebang makes things work as expected. This is Apache/2.0.53.

Interestingly, perl source is served 'as is'.

Any hints?

Best regards,

-- David

"Never become SysOp for you will have to sheperd the weak through the
valley of darkness"