httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frank McCreedy" <fra...@netdoor.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Location directive with url parameters
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:24:15 GMT
First, I apologize if I break any etiquette for messages, this is my first
message.

What I am trying to do, is restrict access to a location based on
parameters embedded in a URL as shown below.  The first location just
requires a valid user, the second requires a user in the admin group.  It
doesn't seem to work like I would think it would.  Is this even possible
to do or do I have to make a completely different URL?

<Location /servlet/MyServlet>
   SSLRequireSSL
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Area 1"
   AuthUserFile c:/apache/users/users.txt
   require valid-user
</Location>

<Location /servlet/MyServlet?type=admin>
   SSLRequireSSL
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Area 2"
   AuthUserFile c:/apache/users/users.txt
   AuthGroupFile c:/apache/users/groups.txt
   require group admin
</Location>