httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joost de Heer" <sang...@xs4all.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Can't run cgi scripts on mounted fat partition
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:59:19 GMT
Peter Sykora said:
> Hello,
> I run Apache/2.0.53 under SUSE Linux 9.3 having the following problem:
>
> When I try to make a script alias to a directory on a mounted fat
> partition I always get the following error:
> [Tue Apr 26 09:21:01 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Keine
> Berechtigung: exec of '/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/env.pl' failed
>
> (Keine Berechtigung ~ permission denied)

How did you mount the fat partition? You may have to add the
uid=xxx,gid=yyy,umask=zzz options to get everything setup correctly.

You could try to add as first line #!/path/to/perl to the script (but do
remember to save it as unix-style textfile when you save under windows
though, or a ^M added at the end will mess up things)

Joost