httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Richards <wildb...@aewa.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 and SSI
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:25:54 GMT
I cannot seem to get SSI to work correctly with apache 2.0
I am trying to run a simple shell script from the main
index.html page.  The SSI directive looks like this:

<!--#exec cgi="/home/mysite/cgi-bin/sponsor.cgi" -->

Note: I have replaced my site name with "mysite"

sponsor.cgi is a simple bash shell script to display the
current sponsors name.  My server section of the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd2.conf file looks like this:

<VirtualHost www.mysite.com>
DocumentRoot /home/mysite/http
<Directory "/home/mysite/http">
allow from all
Options +Indexes
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mysite/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/home/mysite/cgi-bin">
Allow from all
Options +ExecCGI +Includes
</Directory>
ServerPath /home/walist/http
ServerName www.mysite.com
</VirtualHost>

I can call the script via a direct url to
http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/sponsor.cgi

But when going to the main index.html it
does not work.  Also in the process of
troubleshooting I broke the eight.cgi
picture gallery script so that it no longer
works.  I hope someone can clue me into
what I am doing wrong.  I would really
appreciate some help

Bill Richards