httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Fischer <tom.fisc...@ebuz.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Too many open Files
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:00:30 GMT
Hi List,

in the last Days we discovered crashes from our Apache-Webserver. It
dies with simple Segmentation Fault. After investigating the issue i
discovered in some ErrorLogs from our Customers the error-message (24)
Too many open Files. I've read the FAQ about this issue and removed the
ErrorLog from the Vhosts. This morning the Webserver was down again
(Glad that i've added an event Handler in our monitoring) with the same
Message.

We are running Apache 2.0.53 with suPHP 0.5.2 and suExec enabled on an
Gentoo Linux with kernel 2.6.11.7. The Access Logs were piped into
an splitlogfile and no ErrorLogs for the Vhosts are written. At the
moment we have 700 Vhosts on the machine.

What else can cause this behaviour?

Regards

Tom