httpd-users mailing list archives

From richard harris <richardrayhar...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie problem: LoadModule php4_module
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:54:43 GMT
I'm attempting to configure/use Apache 1.3.33 in
conjunction with PHP 4.3.10 on Win98se as a test bed
for a website.  (I'm using those particular versions
of the server and PHP to mirror the webhost I plan to
use.)

I'm brand new to PHP, MySQL (4.0.16, btw), and Apache,
but everything appears to be in order from what I've
been reading except:

I'm "supposed to" add the command "LoadModule
php4_module libexec/libphp4.so" to my Apache
httpd.conf (or activate it, if it existed, which it
doesn't) but the module itself is not there.

A multitude of bad things happen when I attempt to
execute any PHP scripts with or without that statement
included in httpd.conf.

I'm sure this is one of those Silly Newbie problems
that shouldn't be clogging up the mailing list; I
would appreciate any help off-list.  Beratement
optional.

Cheers,
Richard