httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dick Davies <rasput...@hellooperator.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two IP's - one FreeBSD machine - One Apache2 install - Virtual domains
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:01:15 GMT
* Tyler Nally <tnally@technally.com> [0420 17:20]:
> Hello,
>
> Unique problem I've never seen.  I've one NIC on a FreeBSD machine
> that's been running several virtual domains on the machine w/ Apache 2
> since last June/July of 2004.
>
> We've two IP's assigned to the NIC.  We'll say they are A.B.C.1 and
> A.B.C.2.  Apache will serve pages for the virtual domains of A.B.C.1
> but not for the virtual domains on A.B.C.2  The apache configuration
> file didn't change previously.  The machine has just been humming along
> and doing it's thing for the longest time without any problems... and
> then this.  From inside the firewall, we can even *ping* the machine's
> 2nd IP address with a successful return of packets.

First off, confirm you can (e.g.) ssh to that ip.
Then run 'netstat -a|grep -i listen' and check apache is listening on
that IP.

Then check logs, including the main server log in /var/log/httpd/..

Then it's post config time...

--
'The State is the kind of organization which, though it does big things
 badly, does small things badly too.'