httpd-users mailing list archives

From <nos...@wimvd.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows XP problem after install of Apache 2.0.53
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 03:13:29 GMT

Hi All,

I installed Apache 2.0.53 on a Windows XP Home Edition (with SP1)
machine. It runs great, also the PHP and MySQL I have there, no problems.

BUT, now the system looks somewhat "crippled", I cannot access the
configuration options anymore, e.g. when I look to the network cards and
TCP/IP setting, there is nothing displayed. Installing a new adapter
tells me it is already there. And it also runs... I can use most of the
programs, but the MS Office suite tells me it "cannot register" a
document I'm trying to edit. But editing works oke.

I looked at several things and came to the conclusion that the accoun t I
use might have been corrupted.  But opening the program to administer
accounts shows nothing anymore. Weird, eh?

So what is going on here, has anyone a clue to help me?

Regards,
Wim.