httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yolinda Koblanski <yolin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] errordocs and 301 error help!!
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:07:16 GMT

exact file system path for the 500 html file is:

/usr/HTTPServer/htdocs/en_US/500/500.html

Error log has no error at all. Time stamp does not move when I try and access the file.
Very strange. I copied the custom 404 file into the 500 dir and tried to access. No luck.
This is very perplexing.

Joshua Slive <jslive@gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/12/05, Yolinda Koblanski wrote:
> Im still having issues on this. There is already a custom 404 error file in
> place and working fine. So.. I decided to try and place the custom 500 error
> file in the same dir as the 404 error file and then try and access directly,
> using http://myhost.mypath/404/500.html . Something to note
> here is that I can access http://myhost/mypath/404/404.html
> (custom html comes up fine) Another thing to note here is the results of
> accessing the 500 file. I get a 404 error. But its not the custom 404 error.
> It appears to be default.

What exact filesystem path is 500.html located at? What exactly do
you see in the error log when you try to access it?

Joshua.