httpd-users mailing list archives

From Noah <s...@onastick.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How Many Virtual Hosts
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:51:00 GMT
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 05:00:59PM -0400, Mario Antonio wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I am running a test using Apache/2.0.52(win32) in a Workstation with
> Microsoft Windows XP professional.
>
> When I configure more that 50 virtual hosts, Apache does not start.
>
> Am I hitting a limit in Apache under  Windows OS or a limit  of Windows XP?

Can't speak for win32 specifically, but I've run over 9000 virtualhosts
under Apache 1.3, so I doubt that's it =). It may be something as simple as
a syntax error in one of the VirtualHost blocks; is there anything in
your error logs?

--n

--
"Any system shall not harm your content or, through
inaction, allow your content to come to harm."