httpd-users mailing list archives

From synaptical <synapti...@linuxquestions.net>
Subject [users@httpd] apache not starting with php4
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 18:54:51 GMT
hello everyone, i'm having a weird problem with a fresh install of apache 1.3.33 on debian
sarge. with the LoadModule line for php4 in modules.conf, apache won't start (manually or
on reboot). if i comment out the line and start apache, i can then uncomment the line again
and apache will then run on start/ restart/ graceful, etc. no error messages reported, and
the times when apache won't start, it in fact says it's started when it isn't. i'm not sure
that this is a bug (though it might be), because i had the same setup on my old hardware.
after upgrading my server and doing a fresh debian install, i'm getting this problem. thanks
for any ideas.

synaptical