httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yolinda Koblanski <yolin...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] altering error message/location of error file
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:42:37 GMT
End users sometimes see the following message. A request has come to me to change attached
message (see below) to a more helpful message.  (Env. is AIX).

This appears to me to be an unserved html file, but yet when I grep for a string on the entire
server using find xargs grep no file is returned.

The question I have is where/what is the file that is generating this error message? Once
I find it I assume its changable. But the other question... is it in fact a changable error
message? Anyone know the answers to these questions??

Thanks
Yolinda K.

<HTML><HEAD>

<TITLE>200 OK</TITLE>

</HEAD><BODY>

<H1>OK</H1>

The server encountered an internal error or

misconfiguration and was unable to complete

your request.<P>

Please contact the server administrator,

xxxxxx@xxxxx.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,

and anything you might have done that may have

caused the error.<P>

More information about this error may be available

in the server error log.<P>

</BODY></HTML>