httpd-users mailing list archives

From Noah <s...@onastick.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual server not seen exterally
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:19:41 GMT
On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 09:47:52PM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

> that is very strage cause this is what i get when i do a lookup on a 3rd
> party dns lookup (kloth.net)

Ok, *now* I'm getting DNS:

$ host dbma.computerking.ca
dbma.computerking.ca is an alias for computerking.ca.
computerking.ca has address 68.146.204.152

> I have even tried changing the port to 19000 and still nothing. can you
> give it a try at 19000

Nothing's listening there:

$ telnet 68.146.204.152 19000
Trying 68.146.204.152...

Recall that you need to change three settings:

Listen
NameVirtualHost
<VirtualHost>

You're not running iptables or some such, are you?

--n

--
"Any system shall not harm your content or, through
inaction, allow your content to come to harm."