httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jesus Blanco <jesus.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.54 hangs after a few days
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:14:03 GMT
On 4/30/05, apache@rbaumann.net <apache@rbaumann.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does somebody have a good idea on how I can evaluate why apache 2.0.54 with
> PHP 4.3.11 just hangs after a few days (normally around 8-20 days) of
> continuous operation (without problems)? Is there a log file I can enable or
> some other tools which could be useful to come up with some ideas? After I
> restart apache, it runs again for another few days until it just stops serving
> web pages again.
>
> Ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
> cu
> reto

Hi,

Edit your httpd.conf and look for the ErrorLog directive. That
directive sets the name and location of the Apache error log.

By default the error log is written to /path/to/apache/logs/error_log
in Unix and to c:/path/to/apache/logs/error.log in Windows.

You can learn more about logging in the Apache documentation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/logs.html

Regards,