httpd-users mailing list archives

From hunter <theanti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installation Interrupted
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:59:26 GMT
On 4/24/05, Max Timchenko <max@maxvt.com> wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Sunday, April 24, 2005, 2:06:15 PM, you wrote:
>
> TB> I've a problem to (re)install Apache http-Server on Windows XP
> TB> professional. Because I want to try the release 2.x I installed it.
> TB> After installation I wasn't satisfied with the installation path and
> TB> I've uninstalled the Apache Server with the Windows Tools (Start >
> System >> Software etc.).
> TB> Trying to reinstall the Apache Server ending always with the message
> TB> "Installation interrupted...".
>
> I've posted about this same problem yesterday... looks like this is
> the culprit:
>
> > Action start 22:17:50: ResolveServerName.
> > MSI (c) (E8:B8): Creating MSIHANDLE (1) of type 790542 for thread 3512
> > Action ended 22:17:55: ResolveServerName. Return value 3.
>
> Now, we need an MSI guru to tell us what's wrong.......
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Max                            mailto:max@maxvt.com

Apache is simple to install and upgrade without the MSI. If you would
like to be free from this and other MSI problems you can do as I have
suggested to others...

You could install the (my) binaries from...

http://hunter.campbus.com or http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/apache

There are installation instructions that I have given before. Note: I
make references to an older version of Apache in the email, replace
this with the most recent version.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=106808565817795&w=2

If you have any trouble installing my binaries you can email me for more help.

Chris Lewis