httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Malton <...@cjmweb.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] VirtualHosts not doing what I would like them to.
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 06:52:06 GMT
To all,
My VirtualHost directives in httpd.conf for Apache/2.0.53 are not
working as I would expect them to.

What I have is a default website set up on http://domain1.com, a second
on http://subdomain1.domain1.com and a third for unknown domain.  My
VirtualHost section of httpd.conf looks like this:

|--------BEGIN HTTPD.CONF Snippet---------|

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *:80
#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@cjsoftuk.dyndns.org
    DocumentRoot /var/www_cjsoftuk/
    ServerName cjsoftuk.dyndns.org
    ErrorLog logs/cjsoftuk-error_log
    CustomLog logs/cjsoftuk-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@cjsoftuk.dyndns.org
    DocumentRoot /var/www/
    ServerName ultradownloader.dyndns.org
    ErrorLog logs/udl-error_log
    CustomLog logs/udl-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@cjsoftuk.dyndns.org
    DocumentRoot /var/www_unknown/
    ServerName *
    ErrorLog logs/unknown-error_log
    CustomLog logs/unknown-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

|--------END HTTPD.CONF Snippet---------|

The problem is that the third of these VirtualHost structures is not
working.  It should display index.html from the /var/www_unknown folder,
but it does not.  It just ignores it and displays index.html
from /var/www_cjsoftuk/  which is the folder for default website.

Please help me in this problem because I am new to Apache VirtualHost
settings and I could really do with some help.