httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lingel, Jason" <jas...@rand.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Running multiple daemons
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:27:05 GMT
I'm running apache 2.0.46 on linux and want to run multiple daemons.  One web site will be
the production site and the other will be the test site.  I want to run two daemons so I can
bring the test site up and down at will without impacting production and make config changes
for testing if needed.

I have two different ip addresses and use two different httpd.conf files, one pointing at
a different config. file, i.e.:

httpd -f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd-stage.conf

I can get these started well enough but I need to get them to autostart on reboot and the
/etc/init.d/httpd script only handles httpd.conf.  I created a separate /etc/init.d/httpd-stage
script but I'm having to hack at it and import and modify functions from the /etc/init.d/functions
script to make things work.

It seems like this is a path that should be well-traveled but I haven't found much in the
newsgroups about it.  Has anybody seen this process documented anywhere or have any clues
about how to make it work other than hacking at the init scripts?

TIA.

Jason Lingel
jasonl@rand.org

may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.