httpd-users mailing list archives

From RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <l...@computerking.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual server not seen exterally
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 03:47:52 GMT

--On Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:18 PM -0400 Noah <sitz@onastick.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 07:08:15PM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
>> > Noah wrote:
>> >
>> > OK, so *something* is listening on port 9000; for now, we'll assume
>> > it's Apache. Do you have a NameVirtualHost directive set up?
>> >
>> Not sure i have this in ssl.conf
>
> [snip]
>
> Looks ok, more or less.
>
>> I do have this "NameVirtualHost *:80" in my http.conf and have added
>>
>> NameVirtualHost *:9000
>> NameVirtualHost *:9001
>> NameVirtualHost *:443
>>
>> to my ssl.conf file is this correct ?
>
> Yep.
>

>> > What's the IP
>> > address of your server?
>> >
>> 68.146.204.152
>
> publicly routable IP. good, good.

static too my isp is charging me big bucks for it

>> > When you try and hit the website from a browser,
>> > are you specifying port 9000?
>> >
>> yes like this https://dbma.computerking.ca:9000/
>>
>> > Are there any firewalls blocking access to
>> > port 9000 from the outside?
>> >
>> Not that i know of have firewall type set to open
>
> Well, I can't hit that IP address from here (on port 9000; I *can* hit
> it on port 9001);
>
>> > Additionally, I note that 'dbma.computerking.ca'
>> > is not in DNS:
>> >
>> > $ host dbma.computerking.ca
>> > Host dbma.computerking.ca not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

that is very strage cause this is what i get when i do a lookup on a 3rd
party dns lookup (kloth.net)

DNS server handling your query: ns1.kloth.net
 DNS server's address:	213.133.98.149#53

 Non-authoritative answer:
 dbma.computerking.ca	canonical name = computerking.ca.

 computerking.ca	nameserver = ns1.computerking.ca.
 computerking.ca	nameserver = ns1.shoemasters.com.
 ns1.shoemasters.com	internet address = 68.144.196.18

I have even tried changing the port to 19000 and still nothing. can you
give it a try at 19000