httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@fcc.ro>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache web server : Getting "Page cannot be displayed error" randomly
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:58:54 GMT
Hi,

I found the same problem with Apache 2.0.53 under Fedora Core 2 with mod_perl 1.99.21.
No errors in the log file, but from time to time a 404 error in the browser appears.

I don't know what could be wrong.

Apache, mod_perl, ...?

I thought that my program could be the problem, but in that case why is this happening so
seldom?
And why there is no error in the log file?

Thank you very much.

Teddy

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Omkar.H.N
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:20 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Apache web server : Getting "Page cannot be displayed error" randomly

  Hello,

  We are having a J2EE webapplication using 'apache webserver' and 'websphere application
server'.

  We are randomly getting the "Page cannot be displayed error" by the users world-wide [say
at an rate of 10 error for about 1000 requests. Most of them use Internet explorer browser
version 5.5 or 6.0].

  Apparently there is no entry in the error-logs and most of the times the "page cannot be
displayed" is shown in less than a second of any button click.

  Please help as to what could be the problem.

  Regards,

  Omkar.