httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick CLAVIER <patrick.clav...@st.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] MODIFIYING THE REMOTE_USER VARIABLE : additionnal hints
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:26:36 GMT
Thanks for these explanations

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Hughes '89 [mailto:brianvh@Alum.Dartmouth.ORG]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 3:36 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] MODIFIYING THE REMOTE_USER VARIABLE : additionnal
hints

OK... since it's my syntax, I'm happy to answer this particular
question. In the RewriteCond statement, the last part is (.*), what
that does is match on any value in the named HTTP header field
(different than an environment variable set by Apache) and stores that
value in a regular expression back-reference. That back-reference is
used in the RewriteRule statement to set the value of the custom
environment variable.

RewriteCond back-references are stored in %1-%9, while RewriteRule
back-references are stored in $1-$9.

Now, that's pretty much the only part of your message I can really
answer. As has been stated by others, setting the REMOTE_USER value in
this manner should not work...

-Brian