httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <Smit...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What is best way to upgarde mod_ssl? Does one have to upgrad entire Apache install
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:04:18 GMT
I didn't.  Just wondering.   Well, actually we've got some security people here
that indicate a problem with the versionof mod_ssl we're running.  They
recommended upgrading mod_ssl, evidently,  because of security problems with the
mod_ssl that comes with our version of Apache - something about a mod_ssl
containing a format string vulnerability in the ssl_log() function which 'may
allow an attacker to potentially execute arbitrary code'.  So...

>>> jslive@gmail.com 3/24/2005 7:48:33 PM >>>
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:42:57 -0700, Charlie Smith <SmithCW@ldschurch.org>
wrote:
> Thanks Joshua.  The instance I wanted to upgrade is actually httpd-2.0.48

Then you are better off just upgrading all of apache.  Why do you
think you need to upgrade mod_ssl independently?

Joshua.

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.