httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Ladner <eric.lad...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] LDAP auth problems.
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:53:14 GMT
I have an apache 2.0.52 server set up and I'm trying to get LDAP
authentication working with a Win2K AD server.

<Directory /opt/apache/htdocs/test_auth>
  #SetHandler ldap-status
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
  AuthLDAPEnabled on
  AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
  AuthName "Password Access"
  AuthLDAPBindDN
cn=svc-loc-unix,OU=Services00,OU=Services,OU=LOCATION,OU=North%20America,OU=Somewhere,dc=DOMAIN,dc=somewhere,dc=net
  AuthLDAPBindPassword mypassword
  AuthLDAPUrl ldap://server.somewhere.net/OU=LOCATION,OU=North%20America,OU=Somewhere,DC=DOMAIN,DC=somewhere,DC=net?cn?sub

)
  AuthType Basic
  require valid-user
</Directory>

All I'm getting back in the erorr log when I try an authentication is this:

[Wed Mar 02 14:49:10 2005] [error] [client 10.0.0.5] user eric not
found: /test_auth

(of course, the names have been changed to protect the innocent).

Anybody have any ideas?  I've tried all kinds of different URL's on
the AuthLDAPUrl line, too.
--
Eric Ladner