httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:54:53 GMT
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:32:48 +0000, eoghan <apache@redry.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have searched google and found some references and checked the docs
> for mod_rewrite, but i was wondering if anyone has any links to some
> good tutorials for mod_rewrite... something that explains it well with
> examples etc.

Not really.  mod_rewrite is very powerful and flexible, and is used
for many different purposes.  Hence it is difficult to have a single,
simple doc that explains everything.  Most people learn it by starting
with the examples:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html
and comparing them back to the reference docs
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html
to see how they work.

(Rich Bowen is currently working on a better set of docs for mod_rewrite at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/rewrite/
but they are still under heavy development.)

Joshua.