httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache2 on fedora core 3
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:00:56 GMT
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:34:19 +0100, Duncan Lithgow
<duncan@lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 09:26 -0500, PMilanese@nypl.org wrote:
> > Error pages are set by a different directive. Check the error logs please.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, now i know where the error logs are...
>
> Upon rerunning it i get:
>
> [Mon Mar 14 16:24:17 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Directory index
> forbidden by rule: /mnt/SharedFiles/www/
>
> I found a reference to a problem with permissions, permissions for that
> directory are 775, so what's the problem?

You don't have a file matching the DirectoryIndex directive in that
directory, so apache assumes you want to see a directory listing.  But
your httpd.conf Options setting does not allow a directory listing.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#indexes
or put an index.html file in that directory.

Joshua.