httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite question
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:00:47 GMT
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:46:53 -0500, Lucas, David <David.Lucas@unh.edu> wrote:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\.10\.131\.[0-9]
> RewriteRule (.*) /nec/index.html
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !10\.10\.131\.[0-9]
> RewriteRule (.*) /index.html
>
> This seems to be working properly.

> Now, what doesn't seem to work is SSL.  I have this in the ssl.conf
> file:

[...]

Note there is nothing special about ssl.conf versus httpd.conf.  If
you want something to apply specifically to an ssl-site, you need to
place it into the appropriate <VirtualHost> container.

Your particular configuration has several problems.  For example, it
will rewrite ALL requests.  Perhaps you intend to hit only .html
files, or only requests that have been refered from another site?

Joshua.