httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Error
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:58:00 GMT
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:20:03 +0300, Amin Thakkar <amin@infopoint.co.ug> wrote:
> I have found error log for Apache in /var/log/httpd
>
> There are so many error as below
>
> [Fri Mar 04 03:04:20 2005] [error] [client 204.9.184.20] File does not
> exist: /home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs/forum

[...]

Looks like someone scanning your system for vulnerabilities.  The
failures are, therefore, a good sign.  You might want to check your
access_log to see if any requests from this client suceeded, and if
so, did they find a vulnerable script.

There is nothing you can do to stop this, other than contacting the
owner of the machine at 204.9.184.20.  But doing this is usually a
waste of time.

Joshua.