httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Applying Patches
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:30:12 GMT
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:06:19 +0100, A.N.M. <amouse@telefonica.net> wrote:
> I just installed Apache/2.0.53 (Win32), used as a Virtual Server for
> development purposes, and couldn't get the Aliases to work. I went to the
> Apache web site and looked at the bugs reports and found 2 patches which
> should fix the problem.
>
> My problem now is that I have no idea how to apply the patches. I did a
> search on DogPile.com and found one page which gave instruction on how to
> apply patches but it didn't work.
>
> This seems to be something which should be listed in basic instructions for
> using Apache and it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere. Can somebody
> please provide me with an example of how to apply patches?

In order to apply patches, you would need to recompile the server
using the instructions listed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html

If you don't have the tools/knowledge to do that, then forget about
it.  If you do, then you'll also need to download a "patch" program,
such as the one included here:
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
and then read the instructions on how to run patch.

But you might want to instead describe exactly what problem you are
having that you think you need a patch for.  Perhaps someone on the
list could suggest another solution.

Joshua.