httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anthony.B...@interactivedata.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Limiting connections by directory, including cgis?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:33:44 GMT
Not using virtual hosts, though, and it doesn't look like it supports
directory blocks from the docs...

Trying to use one host so we don't have to buy a big stack of SSL certs.

i.e.
secure.foo.com/prod1
secure.foo.com/prod2

"Ivan Barrera A." <Bruce@Ivn.cl>
03/30/2005 11:29 AM
Please respond to users

        To:     users@httpd.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [users@httpd] Limiting connections by
directory, including cgis?

Anthony.Ball@interactivedata.com wrote:

> I have been searching all around with no luck.
>
> I want to be able to limit the number of connections per directory, in
> order to prevent a case which
> has happened in the past where one of our products gets backed up and
> prevents connections to
> another.
>
> I found mod_bandwidth, and it looked perfect until I saw that it doesn't

> work with CGIs, which is all this is.
>
> mod_throttle almost looked promising, but it looks like that won't quite

> do it either, if I understand it properly.
>
> Is there some way to do this? We are using the 1.3 apache branch, but
> could probably switch to Apache 2 if
> needed.
>
> My thought was something that limited each product directory to a number

> of connections less than the total
> allowed, but if there is some other way to do it, I am open to
suggestions.

mod_vhost_limit-0.4.tar.gz for apache 1.x by Takato Satsuma
mod_vhost_limit-0.1.tgz for apache 2.x by me (Ivan Barrera).

I dont know if the site of mod_vhost_limit-0.4 still exists.. but i have
a copy. If you need it, i can send it to you :)