httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Deepa Rangarajan" <deepa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache usage
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:06:04 GMT
Hi,

I am using apache 2.0 as reverse proxy and also for caching.
I am caching some images that reside on another server.

Here is a snippet of my httpd.conf :

   CacheEnable disk /abc
   CacheEnable disk /xyz

   CacheRoot "/var/cache/mod_proxy"
   CacheSize 100000
   CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
   CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
   CacheDefaultExpire 3600
   CacheMaxExpire 3600

I assume that since CacheIgnoreCacheControl On and  CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
, even if the HTTP headers not set, i would be able to cache the image in
the specified URI and this would cache it for an hour before checking for
any modification.

  However I find that every time I load the page, the image gets loaded
freshly - seen in the form of GET requests in the actual server.
  At times, I find that it loads from cache, esp. after a few minutes have
lapsed since the file has been changed.

  How do I ensure that the caching acts according to what I have specifiied.
If I have not made myself clear pls. let me know..

Thks,
-Deepa