httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Deepa Rangarajan" <deepa...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache referring to old installation prefix
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:14:13 GMT
Hi,
I had installed apache-2.0.52 with prefix /usr/apache-dummy.
And then I installed apache-2.0.52 with some additional modules and
different
configure options in /usr/apache-2.0.52.
  But when I do a  /usr/apache-2.0.52/bin/apachectl start
it refers to the httpd.conf file in /usr/apache-dummy.
Whereas, /usr/apache-2.0.52/bin/httpd -f /usr/apache-2.0.52/conf/httpd.conf
-k start
works fine.

And I tried removing the apache-dummy directory. But any furthur
installations of apache that I do to different directories gives me warnings
pertaining to apache-dummy when I do make and make install.

  I am not sure why this is happening. How do I de-reference the old prefix
/usr/apache-dummy
and point to the new prefix?

  Pls. let me know if I have missed out anything.

Thks,
-Deepa